Powerball Game Rules – Why It Is Easy To Lose Money When You Play Powerball
Overall chances of winning a Powerball jackpot prize are actually pretty low. It’s only when you factor in “what ifs”, that things start to look better for you. In reality, the chances of winning the jackpots at Powerball events is actually lower than you think. Let’s look into some reasons why that is…
* Winning a Powerball prize would be really difficult if there was no prize money to play with after the game. Overall chances of winning a Powerball reward ticket are actually just about 1 in every twenty.9. That means that out of every twenty million tickets that are sold, only a tenth of one percent of them will win the Powerball jackpot prize. This means that only one out of every hundred ticket buyers actually “win” a Powerball reward ticket. So “winning” the Powerball lottery is about as likely as you get hit by a bus on I-40 from Portland to Seattle. It’s also about as likely as your getting a ticket from the “Do Not Call” list.
* The chances of winning the Powerball drawing are lower because Washington is not a major population center. While the rest of Washington is a major population center, Washington itself is not. While there may be a few people in Seattle who are Powerball winners, you are more likely to get hit by a bus traveling from Portland to Seattle or from Seattle to Portland. That’s not to say that there aren’t a few Powerball winners living in Washington, but chances are that they live in smaller cities and have fewer Powerball drawing tickets to draw.
* Because the Powerball prizes are based on numbers, you can’t pick any specific Powerball number and hope to win. That’s why there are only five numbers that have Powerball number prize values – three numbers and one letter. If you pick a Powerball number that doesn’t correspond to any of those five numbers, then you won’t get a Powerball prize. Also, since you can’t pick your Powerball number, you can’t pick your birth date either. Again, this is why choosing your birth date and selecting the right Powerball number is so important.
* The odds of getting a Powerball ticket in Washington aren’t great. This is due to a couple of factors. First, since Washington is not a major population center, it’s not a big enough market for ticket sellers to make a profit from Powerball. That means the prize money gets spread around a lot thinner.
Also, Washington has its own lottery system. Unlike the Powerball ticket holder in California, who buys his ticket in a store, a Washington powerball buyer goes to a specific company online, not to any other Powerball retailer in the state. He doesn’t have access to any paper tickets once he wins the Powerball game. But if he were to buy a lottery ticket in Washington, he could get some for free. That is because Washington State does allow the sales of lottery prizes. Other states don’t.
* The chances of winning Powerball prizes are not good. The chances of winning in a lottery are about the same as the chances of hitting the jackpot in a casino. The jackpots in casinos are one in a million or more. So when you win Powerball, you are not likely to become rich.
* And lastly, Powerball is played with only one hand. So if you are playing the game for the first time, you are at a disadvantage. When playing the game, you stand a better chance of hitting the Powerball Jackpot than when you’re holding both hands. This is because there is less time to use your non-dominant hand when you play the game.